Sunday 6 January 2013

Mother and Daughter Project :)

Over Christmas I wanted to keep the creative juices flowing so I decided to look through some old clothes that have been stashed in the garage for ages and driving my Dad crazy! I found this old dress that belonged to my Nan and I just loved the colour and the print!



I am loving all the clothes on ModCloth at the moment and found this cute dress that really inspired me to try and re-create that style.



I had quite a few issues along the way and could not have finished this project without my Mum's help!!! We decided to just make a top rather than the full dress in the end. Then I have more fabric from the skirt to make other things!!

This is how the final top looked!


So I added the peter pan collar and the pin tucks to the top to give it a modern feel. I also kept the sleeves and added a hem along the bottom.

I love how the top has come out, and I can't wait to try something else! So look out Mum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment