Thursday 15 August 2013

Zandra Rhodes Exhibition


Yesterday me and my family took a trip up to London for the day, and me and my mum went to see the Zandra Rhodes exhibition currently in The Fashion and Textile Museum...and oh my gosh! It was amazing. I literally did not want to leave I was completely inspired by her enthusiasm for what she does. She has never lost her style and identity which I think is so encouraging because I know that you can get lost along the way and try to do things that are more commercial and pleasing to everybody, but she is so successful because she is unique and different. One thing I really took from the experience was that I need to draw everyday as that is where Zandra Rhodes gets all of her designs from originally....lets see how that one goes!!


This was my favourite design from the sketchbook collection. Although Zandra Rhodes is known for her traditional technique to printing, this collection was produced through digital printing straight from one of her sketches. 








Me and my mum also visited Greenwich Market which was filled with artists and crafters (not sure if that's a word!) selling their beautiful items. 

The view from Greenwich Park looking back at the city.


This was where we had our breakfast, I just loved the building!

The exhibition is on in the Fashion and Textile Museum until the 31st August, I would say that if you get the chance you just have to go honestly you will not be disappointed it was one of the best exhibitions I've ever been too!
Let me know if you've already been and if you loved it as much as I did!

2 comments:

  1. Fab pictures and designs!!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster award, check my latest blog post to find out all about it :-) xoxo

    http://www.hollydollybeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, those designs are really cool, loving the bright colours and patterns =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete